I grew up in the 80's, and my family was republican. Lee Iacocca and Ronald Reagan were my economic heroes They represented hard work and the american spirit and all that is good with free enterprise. As a consequence, I had always wanted to read Iacocca's famous autobiography, and only just now sat down and got it done. Here's what I thought:
This book is a wonderful insiders view of big business, and what it means to wheel and deal at the biggest levels of government and industry. The level of candor and personal information gives anyone an idea what it takes to run a multinational corporaation. For the MBA, it is required reading for this alone.
What you won't see in this book is indifference. Iacocca has opinions on everything and he's willing to share them with anyone. This is a can do, let's do kind of guy. He's way more afraid of standing still than making a bad decision.
Overall this is probably the most enjoyable book on business I've ever read. It presents an excellent overview of what it takes to be a CEO. And that's a lot of chutzpah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment